on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Engesser family come from? What is the German Engesser family crest and coat of arms? When did the Engesser family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Engesser family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Engesser, Enggesser, Engasser, Engasser, Ungesser, Ungerer and many more.
First found in Austria, where the family name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Engesser research. Another 175 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Engesser History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Engesser Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Engesser Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charles Engesser, who settled in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania in 1866
- Charles Engesser, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1866
- Rosine Engesser, who arrived in New York in 1871
- Charles Engesser, who was naturalized in Philadelphia in 1872
- Peter Engesser, who came to Pennsylvania in 1880
- William Engesser (1939-2002), American movie actor who stood 7'3", known for his roles as Jerry Reed's bodyguard in Gator (1976) and Richard/"Bigfoot" in The Secrets of Isis (1975)
- Stewart Engesser, American award-winning writer, producer, actor, director and musician
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Engesser Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Engesser Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 January 2015 at 08:32.
on orders of $85 or more