Enck History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Enck family
The surname Enck was first found in Salzburg, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
Early History of the Enck family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Enck research. Another 116 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1747, 1791 and 1865 are included under the topic Early Enck History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Enck Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Enck, Enk, Enckler, Encke, Enke, Encking, Enking and others.
Early Notables of the Enck family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Enck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Enck migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Enck Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Enck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1743 
- Johan Jacob Enck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1743 
- Johannes Enck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1747 
- Hans Peter Enck, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1751
- Johann Jacob Enck, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1764 
Enck Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anna Mar Enck, aged 54, who landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1834 
- Joh Jacob Enck, who landed in America in 1847 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Enck (post 1700) ||+|
- Schuyler Colfax Enck (1900-1970), American athlete who competed mainly in the 800 metres
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)