Early Origins of the Emanuele family
The surname Emanuele was first found in Sardinia (Italian: Sardegna, Sardinian: Sardigna), the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. The original inhabitants were Sicels. The Greeks colonized in 735 B.C. Phoenician settlements began in 6th century. Carthaginians arrived 410. Romans
arrived, then the Saracens. Then the Norman Conquest
said to be Sicily's brightest hour, 1057 A.D and taking 35 years. They made Sicilians the leading Maritimes power in the Mediterranean, and King Roger of Sicily
one of the greatest Kings in Europe. From Sicily
they invaded Greece. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Emanuele family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Emanuele research.Another 215 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1285, 1437, 1494, and 1655 are included under the topic Early Emanuele History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Emanuele Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Emanuele, Emmanuele, Emanuel, D'Emanuelli, Manuel, Manuello, Manuelli and many more.
Early Notables of the Emanuele family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Emanuele Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Emanuele family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Emanuele Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonino Emanuele, aged 24, who emigrated to the United States from S. Fratello, in 1903
- Antonino Emanuele, aged 34, who settled in America from Naso, in 1905
- Agostino Emanuele, aged 18, who emigrated to the United States from Palermo, in 1906
- Alfio Emanuele, aged 16, who emigrated to America from San Fratello, Sicily, in 1906
- Andrea Emanuele, aged 42, who landed in America from Roseto Valfo., Foggia, in 1907
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Emanuele (post 1700)
- Enzo Emanuele (b. 1977), Italian clinical pathologist
- Vittorio Emanuele Prince of Naples (b. 1937), last Crown Prince of Italy
- Prince Vittorio Emanuele of Savoy-Aosta, Infante of Spain, Count of Turin (1870-1946), grandchild of King Victor Emmanuel II, member of the House of Savoy
- Vittorio Emanuele Orlando (1860-1952), Italian diplomat and political figure