Elster History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Elster family
The surname Elster was first found in Austria, where the name Ulster became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Elster family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Elster research. Another 79 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Elster History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Elster Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ulster, Ullster, Ulstter, Ulsster, Ulsters, Ulstere, Ulsteres, Ulsterr, Ulsterrs, Ulste, HUlster and many more.
Early Notables of the Elster family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Elster Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Elster migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Elster Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Caspar Elster, who emigrated from Brunswick to Massachusetts in 1778
- Caspar Elster, who arrived in America in 1778 
Elster Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Georg Wilhelm Elster, who arrived in Baltimore in 1834
- Frederick Elster, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1847 
- Martin Elster and Otto Elster, who sailed from Bremen to New York in 1866
- A H Elster, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1872 
- William Elster, who was naturalized in California in 1891
|Contemporary Notables of the name Elster (post 1700) ||+|
- Jennifer Elster, American experimental artist, filmmaker, writer, photographer, performer and founder of The Development
- Julius Johann Phillipp Ludwig Elster (1854-1920), German physicist
- Kristian Elster (1881-1947), Norwegian novelist, literary historian, theatre critic and biographer, son of Kristian Elster
- Kristian Mandrup Elster (1841-1881), Norwegian novelist, journalist, literary critic and theatre critic
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)