The Eiser surname is derived from the Middle High German word "isen" which became the German "eisen," of which mean iron. Thus the name is generally thought to have been an occupational
name for an ironworker, or an ironmonger; however, it may also have been used as a nickname
, which later evolved into a surname
Early Origins of the Eiser family
The surname Eiser was first found in Bavaria
, where the name Eiser was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Eiser family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Eiser research.Another 209 words (15 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Eiser History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eiser Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Eiser, Eiserer, Eyser, Ayser, Eisser, Eysser and many more.
Early Notables of the Eiser family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Eiser Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Eiser family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Eiser Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John M. Eiser, who arrived in Baltimore in 1844
- John M. Eiser, who settled in Baltimore in 1844
- John U. Eiser, who arrived in Baltimore in 1844
- Wilh Eiser, who settled in America in 1852
- Wilh Eiser, who arrived in America in 1852 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Eiser (post 1700)
- Marguerite L. Eiser (1894-1985), née Smith, an American politician, Member of the New York State Assembly (1920-1921)
- Werner Eiser, German politician, Mayor of Sessenhausen, Rhineland-Palatinate