Eidson History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Eidson family
The surname Eidson was first found in Bohemia, where the name Edelstein was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Eidson family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Eidson research. Another 106 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 165 and 1652 are included under the topic Early Eidson History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eidson Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Edelstein, Eddelstein, Eddelstien, Eddelsteen, Edelstien, Edelsteen, Edelstine, Eddelstine, Eidelstein, Eidelsteen, Eiddelstein, Eiddelstein, Edelsheim and many more.
Early Notables of the Eidson family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Eidson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Eidson is the 6,705th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
Eidson migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Eidson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andrew Eidson, who settled in Montana in 1890
Contemporary Notables of the name Eidson (post 1700) +
- Jon Eidson, American actor and writer, known for Extremely Decent (2011), The End of the World (2015) and Genie in a Bikini (2015)
- Sam Eidson, American actor and producer, known for Zero Charisma (2013), Natural Selection (2011) and Arlo and Julie (2014)
- Jake Eidson (b. 1995), American Australian racing driver, triple Formula Skip Barber championship winner and winner of the 2013 F1600 Championship Series season
- Thomas Eidson (b. 1944), American author, best known for his novel The Last Ride which was later turned into a movie named The Missing (2003)
- James Milton Eidson (b. 1949), American former NFL football offensive guard for the Dallas Cowboys in 1976
- Charles Patrick "Chuck" Eidson Jr. (b. 1980), American professional basketball player
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm