Eicke History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Eicke surname was created from one of several place names in Germany. Most of these were compound names containing the "Eiche" roots, which means "oak."
Early Origins of the Eicke family
The surname Eicke was first found in Germany, where since medieval times the name Eich was closely associated with the district's most dynamic historical developments. Being prominent in social affairs, the family formed alliances with other distinguished families during the turbulent events of the feudal era.
Important Dates for the Eicke family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Eicke research. Another 75 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Eicke History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eicke Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Eicha, Eiche, Eichel, Eicke, Eike, Eick, Eicke, Eke, Eych, Eyck, Aich, Aick, Eichell, Eychel, Eychell, Eickel, Eichels, Eickell, Eikkel and many more.
Early Notables of the Eicke family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Eicke Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eicke migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Eicke Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Friedr Eicke, who landed in America in 1778 
- Ludewig Eicke, who landed in America in 1780 
Eicke Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juliane Eicke, aged 28, who arrived in Texas in 1845 
- Juliane Eicke, age 28, who settled in Texas in 1845
- Wilhelm Eicke, aged 23, who arrived in New York in 1858 
Contemporary Notables of the name Eicke (post 1700)
- Edna Eicke (1919-1979), American magazine illustrator
- Hans Eicke (1884-1947), German silver medalist athlete at the 1908 Summer Olympics
- Ulrich Eicke (b. 1952), West German gold, three-time silver medalist sprint canoer
- Wellesley Hastings "Wels" Eicke (1893-1980), Australian rules footballer in the Victorian Football League
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)