Eichorn History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Eichorn family
The surname Eichorn was first found in Switzerland, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
Early History of the Eichorn family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Eichorn research. Another 80 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Eichorn History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eichorn Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Eichhorn, Eeckhorn, Eckhorn, Eckhorne, Ekhorn, Eickhorn, Eickehorn, Eickhorne, Echhorn and many more.
Early Notables of the Eichorn family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Eichorn Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Eichorn is the 15,526th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Eichorn migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Eichorn Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John M. Eichorn, who settled in Philadelphia in 1840
- Apollonia Eichorn, who arrived in North America in 1857
- Christian Eichorn, who settled in Wisconsin in 1858
- David Eichorn, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1866
- Thomas Eichorn, aged 28, who arrived in New York in 1892 aboard the ship "Dania" from Hamburg via Havre 
Eichorn Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Frank Eichorn, aged 36, who arrived in City Island, New York in 1921 aboard the ship "Fort Victoria" from Hamilton, Bermuda 
- Alice Eichorn, aged 28, who arrived in City Island, New York in 1921 aboard the ship "Fort Victoria" from Hamilton, Bermuda 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Eichorn (post 1700) ||+|
- Martin Eichorn, German settler who owned a general store with a post office in what would later become known as Eichorn, Illinois
- Jules Marquard Eichorn (1912-2000), American mountaineer, environmentalist, and music teacher