Eichenberg History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Eichenberg surname was created from one of several place names in Germany. Most of these were compound names containing the "Eiche" roots, which means "oak."
Early Origins of the Eichenberg family
The surname Eichenberg was first found in Germany, where since medieval times the name Eich was closely associated with the district's most dynamic historical developments. Being prominent in social affairs, the family formed alliances with other distinguished families during the turbulent events of the feudal era.
Early History of the Eichenberg family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Eichenberg research. Another 75 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Eichenberg History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eichenberg Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Eicha, Eiche, Eichel, Eicke, Eike, Eick, Eicke, Eke, Eych, Eyck, Aich, Aick, Eichell, Eychel, Eychell, Eickel, Eichels, Eickell, Eikkel and many more.
Early Notables of the Eichenberg family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Eichenberg Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eichenberg migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Eichenberg Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Georg Gottfr Eichenberg, who arrived in America in 1783 
- George Eichenberg, who landed in America in 1783 
Eichenberg Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Chr Eichenberg, who landed in North America in 1832-1849 
- Nicholas Eichenberg, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1863 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)