Eich History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Eich surname was created from one of several place names in Germany. Most of these were compound names containing the "Eiche" roots, which means "oak."
Early Origins of the Eich family
The surname Eich was first found in Germany, where since medieval times the name Eich was closely associated with the district's most dynamic historical developments. Being prominent in social affairs, the family formed alliances with other distinguished families during the turbulent events of the feudal era.
Early History of the Eich family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Eich research. Another 75 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Eich History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eich Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Eicha, Eiche, Eichel, Eicke, Eike, Eick, Eicke, Eke, Eych, Eyck, Aich, Aick, Eichell, Eychel, Eychell, Eickel, Eichels, Eickell, Eikkel and many more.
Early Notables of the Eich family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Eich Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eich migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Eich Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Christoph Eich, who arrived in America in 1749 
- Nickel Eich, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Nickel Eich, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Henrich Eich, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1764 
Eich Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Louis Eich, who arrived in Allegany County, Pennsylvania in 1848
- Christian Eich, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1850 
- Johann Eich, who arrived in Brazil in 1851 
- Wilhelm Eich, aged 45, who arrived in America in 1857 
- Heinr Eich, aged 32, who arrived in America in 1857 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Eich (post 1700) +
- Guenter Eich (1907-1972), lyrical poet, and member of the famous post-war writers' group "Gruppe 47"
Historic Events for the Eich family +
- Adolf Eich (1921-1992), German Matrosengefreiter serving aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he survived the sinking 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Bismarck & Tirpitz Class - Crew List Bismarck. (Retrieved 2018, February 06). Retrieved from https://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/crew/bismarck_crew.html#crew_details