Eckhart History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Eckhart surname comes from a Germanic personal name composed of the elements "agi" meaning "edge" or "point," and "hard," meaning "brave" or "strong."
Early Origins of the Eckhart family
The surname Eckhart was first found in Saxony, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs.
Early History of the Eckhart family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Eckhart research. Another 126 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1260, 1307, 1327, 1634, 1738, and 1790 are included under the topic Early Eckhart History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eckhart Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Eckhardt, Eckert, Ekert, Eckheart, Eckart, Eckhart, Eckhard, Eckard, Eccard and many more.
Early Notables of the Eckhart family (pre 1700)
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Eckhart Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Eckhart migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Eckhart Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- George Wilhelm Eckhart, who settled in Philadelphia in 1743
- Georg Eckhart, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1774 
- Johannes Eckhart, who landed in New York, NY in 1782 
Eckhart Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Manuel Eckhart, aged 25, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1823 
- M Eckhart, aged 27, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- John Eckhart, who arrived in Tippecanoe County, Ind in 1840 
- Caspar Eckhart, who arrived in New York, NY in 1845 
- Elisabeth Marg Eckhart, aged 11, who landed in America in 1853 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Eckhart (post 1700) +
- John W. Eckhart, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Illinois, 1908 
- George Eckhart, American politician, Supervisor of Handy Township, Michigan, 1938 
- Charles G. Eckhart, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Illinois, 1888 (alternate), 1896, 1908 (alternate); Member of Illinois Republican State Central Committee, 1910 
- Charles Eckhart, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for U.S. Representative from Indiana 12th District, 1908 
- Bill Eckhart, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Chula Vista, California, 1968 
- B. A. Eckhart, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Illinois, 1912, 1928 
- Eckhart Nickel (b. 1966), German author and journalist
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 28) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html