Echeverria History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Echeverria, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Echeverria, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Echeverria family originally lived in the district of Chavarri which is in Vizcaya. The place-name Chavarri is derived from the Basque word "etxe-barria," which means "new house."
Early Origins of the Echeverria family
The surname Echeverria was first found in the Basque region of northern Spain.
Early History of the Echeverria family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Echeverria research. Another 249 words (18 lines of text) covering the year 1081 is included under the topic Early Echeverria History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Echeverria Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Chavarría, Chavarria, Chávarri, Chavarri, Chavaría, Chavaria, Chábarri, Chabarri, de Chábarri, de Chabarri, Chabarría, Chabarria, Echeverría, Echeverria, Echavarría, Echavarria, de Echavarría, de Echavarria, Echavaría, Echavaria, Echevarría, Echevarria, Echeberría, Echeberria, Echebarría, Echebarria, Echéberri, Echeberri, Echébarri, Echebarri, Echévarri, Echevarri, Echéverri, Echeverri, Echarri and many more.
Early Notables of the Echeverria family (pre 1700)
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Echeverria Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Echeverria migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Echeverria Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Félix Echeverría, who sailed to Puerto Rico in 1833
- Felix Echeverria, aged 24, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1833 
- Policarpo Echeverria, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1860 
Contemporary Notables of the name Echeverria (post 1700) +
- José Esteban Antonio Echeverria (1805-1851), Argentine poet, fiction writer, cultural promoter, and political activist
- Francisco José de Borje Echeverria (1848-1904), Chilean Conservative Party deputy and diplomat
- Liza Echeverría (b. 1972), Mexican actress and model
- Luis Echeverría Álvarez (b. 1922), President of Mexico from 1970 to 1976
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)