Echevarria History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Echevarria, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Echevarria, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Echevarria family originally lived in the district of Chavarri which is in Vizcaya. The place-name Chavarri is derived from the Basque word "etxe-barria," which means "new house."
Early Origins of the Echevarria family
The surname Echevarria was first found in the Basque region of northern Spain.
Early History of the Echevarria family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Echevarria research. Another 249 words (18 lines of text) covering the year 1081 is included under the topic Early Echevarria History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Echevarria Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Chavarría, Chavarria, Chávarri, Chavarri, Chavaría, Chavaria, Chábarri, Chabarri, de Chábarri, de Chabarri, Chabarría, Chabarria, Echeverría, Echeverria, Echavarría, Echavarria, de Echavarría, de Echavarria, Echavaría, Echavaria, Echevarría, Echevarria, Echeberría, Echeberria, Echebarría, Echebarria, Echéberri, Echeberri, Echébarri, Echebarri, Echévarri, Echevarri, Echéverri, Echeverri, Echarri and many more.
Early Notables of the Echevarria family (pre 1700)
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Echevarria Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Echevarria is the 3,915th most popular surname with an estimated 7,461 people with that name. 
Echevarria migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Echevarria Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Echevarria, aged 27, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1825 
- Antonio Echevarria, aged 50, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1827 
- Martin De Echevarria, aged 45, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Juan Luis Echevarría, who sailed to New Orleans in 1831
- Juan Luis Echevarria, aged 25, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1831 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Echevarria Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Franguilino Echevarria, who arrived in Texas in 1907 
- Franquitino Echevarria, who landed in Texas in 1907 
Contemporary Notables of the name Echevarria (post 1700) +
- Angel Santos Echevarria (b. 1971), retired American Major League Baseball player
- René Echevarria, American-Cuban screenwriter and film producer
- Sidney L. Echevarria, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from North Carolina, 2008 
- Most Reverend Bishop Javier Echevarría Rodríguez (b. 1932), Spanish bishop of the Roman Catholic Church
- Alejandra Echevarria, Spanish beauty queen, fashion model, and singer from Jaén, Spain
- Pablo Garnica y Echevarría, distinguished Spanish lawyer
- Juan Echevarría, Spanish painter
- Nicolás Echevarría (b. 1947), Mexican film director and cinematographer
- Lydia Echevarría (b. 1931), Puerto Rican actress
- Eloína C. Echevarría (b. 1961), retired Cuban long jumper and triple jumper
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 28) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html