100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Noble surnames, such as Echevarria, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Echevarria, which is a local
surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain
. In Spain
, hereditary surnames
were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local
names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Echevarria family originally lived in the district of Chavarri which is in Vizcaya. The place-name Chavarri is derived from the Basque
word "etxe-barria," which means "new house."
The surname Echevarria was first found in the Basque
region of northern Spain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Chavarría, Chavarria, Chávarri, Chavarri, Chavaría, Chavaria, Chábarri, Chabarri, de Chábarri, de Chabarri, Chabarría, Chabarria, Echeverría, Echeverria, Echavarría, Echavarria, de Echavarría, de Echavarria, Echavaría, Echavaria, Echevarría, Echevarria, Echeberría, Echeberria, Echebarría, Echebarria, Echéberri, Echeberri, Echébarri, Echebarri, Echévarri, Echevarri, Echéverri, Echeverri, Echarri and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Echevarria research. Another 552 words (39 lines of text) covering the year 1081 is included under the topic Early Echevarria History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Echevarria Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Echevarria Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Echevarria, aged 27, landed in New Orleans, La in 1825
- Antonio Echevarria, aged 50, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1827
- Martin De Echevarria, aged 45, landed in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Juan Luis Echevarría sailed to New Orleans in 1831
- Juan Luis Echevarria, aged 25, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1831
Echevarria Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Franguilino Echevarria, who arrived in Texas in 1907
- Franquitino Echevarria, who landed in Texas in 1907
- Angel Santos Echevarria (b. 1971), retired American Major League Baseball player
- René Echevarria, American-Cuban screenwriter and film producer
- Sidney L. Echevarria, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from North Carolina, 2008
- Most Reverend Bishop Javier Echevarría Rodríguez (b. 1932), Spanish bishop of the Roman Catholic Church
- Alejandra Echevarria, Spanish beauty queen, fashion model, and singer from Jaén, Spain
- Pablo Garnica y Echevarría, distinguished Spanish lawyer
- Juan Echevarría, Spanish painter
- Nicolás Echevarría (b. 1947), Mexican film director and cinematographer
- Lydia Echevarría (b. 1931), Puerto Rican actress
- Eloína C. Echevarría (b. 1961), retired Cuban long jumper and triple jumper
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
The Echevarria Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Echevarria Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 October 2015 at 10:40.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!