Echavarria History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Echavarria, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Echavarria, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Echavarria family originally lived in the district of Chavarri which is in Vizcaya. The place-name Chavarri is derived from the Basque word "etxe-barria," which means "new house."
Early Origins of the Echavarria family
The surname Echavarria was first found in the Basque region of northern Spain.
Important Dates for the Echavarria family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Echavarria research. Another 249 words (18 lines of text) covering the year 1081 is included under the topic Early Echavarria History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Echavarria Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Chavarría, Chavarria, Chávarri, Chavarri, Chavaría, Chavaria, Chábarri, Chabarri, de Chábarri, de Chabarri, Chabarría, Chabarria, Echeverría, Echeverria, Echavarría, Echavarria, de Echavarría, de Echavarria, Echavaría, Echavaria, Echevarría, Echevarria, Echeberría, Echeberria, Echebarría, Echebarria, Echéberri, Echeberri, Echébarri, Echebarri, Echévarri, Echevarri, Echéverri, Echeverri, Echarri and many more.
Early Notables of the Echavarria family (pre 1700)
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Echavarria Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Echavarria migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Echavarria Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Echavarria Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Antonio de Echavarría, who sailed to Peru in 1592
Echavarria Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio Echavarria, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Manuel De Echavarria, aged 30, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Antonio De Echavarria, who arrived in Peru in 1892 
Contemporary Notables of the name Echavarria (post 1700)
- Dr. José María Marxuach Echavarría (1848-1910), Puerto Rican medical doctor and politician, two-time Mayor of the City of San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Héctor Echavarría (b. 1969), Argentine kickboxer, martial arts master, fitness guru, filmmaker, and actor
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)