Early Origins of the Ebersole family
The surname Ebersole was first found in Switzerland
, where in medieval times the name Ebersold was closely associated with the social and political developments of the region's feudal
society. During this period, name Ebersold became prominent in local
affairs and often married into other families, some of whom played important roles in the ongoing territorial conflicts.
Early History of the Ebersole family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ebersole research.Another 196 words (14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ebersole History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ebersole Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Ebersold, Ebersole, Ebersoll, Ebersolden, Ebersholl, Ebersohl, Ebersol, Aebersold, Aebersole, Abersole, Abersolt, Aebersoll, Aebersholl, Aebersohl, Aebersol and many more.
Early Notables of the Ebersole family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Ebersole Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Ebersole family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ebersole Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Abraham Ebersole who settled in Philadelphia in 1727
- Abraham Ebersole, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1727 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
Contemporary Notables of the name Ebersole (post 1700)
- Peter David Ebersole (b. 1964), American television director and independent filmmaker
- Mark Chester Ebersole (1921-2011), American academic, a former professor and President of Elizabethtown College
- Lucinda Ebersole, American critic, editor and writer of fiction
- John Joel Ebersole (b. 1948), former American Football linebacker
- Frank B. Ebersole (1919-2009), American philosopher
- Brian Ebersole (b. 1980), American mixed martial artist
- Christine Ebersole (b. 1953), American actress and singer
- Frank S. Ebersole (b. 1875), American Republican politician, Mayor of Goshen, Indiana, 1943-44 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 28) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html