Dunnock History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Dunnock family
The surname Dunnock was first found in Northumberland where the first record of the family was listed as John filius Tunnoc in 1106 in Hodgson's History of Northumberland. The family "remains as Tunnock in that district still."  Hodgson's History of Northumberland also lists William filius Tunnok as residing there in 1250.
Further to the north in the same era, "William Tunnoc witnessed a charter by William de Horuirden to the Abbey of Kelso between 1160-1200, and c. 1237 Adam Tunnoc witnessed a charter of resignation of land in Kelso. " 
Other early records of the family include: Gilbertus filius Tunny listed in 1219 in the Assize Rolls of Yorkshire; Simon Tunnie, listed in 1327 in the Assize Rolls of Staffordshire; and an Alan filius Tunnoc listed in the 12th century in the Feodarium Prioratus Dunelmensis. 
Early History of the Dunnock family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dunnock research. Another 200 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1160, 1400, 1414, 1421, 1663, 1600 and 1603 are included under the topic Early Dunnock History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dunnock Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tunock, Tunnoch, Tunno, Tunna, Tunnock, Tunnoc and many more.
Early Notables of the Dunnock family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dunnock Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dunnock migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dunnock Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Joan Dunnock, who landed in Maryland in 1657 
Related Stories +
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- ^ Black, George F., The Surnames of Scotland Their Origin, Meaning and History. New York: New York Public Library, 1946. Print. (ISBN 0-87104-172-3)
- ^ Reaney, P.H and R.M. Wilson, A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)