Duhon History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German surname Duhon is of nickname origin. It evolved from the old German word "daum," meaning "thumb," and was most likely originally borne by either someone with a deformed or missing thumb, or someone very small in size.
Early Origins of the Duhon family
The surname Duhon was first found in Wuerrtemburg, where Graf Ulrich mit dem Daumen (Count Ulrich with the thumbs) lived in about 1250.
Early History of the Duhon family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Duhon research. Another 56 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1250, 1679, 1707, 1755, and 1757 are included under the topic Early Duhon History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Duhon Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Duhon, Daum, Duhem, Daumann, Duhm, Duhme, Duym, Duim, Dume, Duhan and many more.
Early Notables of the Duhon family (pre 1700)
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Duhon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Duhon is the 6,709th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
| Duhon migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Duhon Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Elisabeth Duhon, aged 43, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1785 
- Honnore Duhon, aged 47, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1785 
- Jean Baptiste Duhon, aged 25, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1785 
- Marguerite Duhon, aged 44, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1785 
Duhon Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mary J. Duhon, aged 58, who settled in America, in 1908
- Andras Duhon, aged 17, who settled in America from Kis Lzeben, Hungary, in 1912
- Eileen May DuHon, aged 16, who immigrated to Duryea, USA, in 1914
- Emily J. DuHon, aged 36, who settled in Duryea, USA, in 1914
|Contemporary Notables of the name Duhon (post 1700) ||+|
- Bobby Duhon (b. 1946), American NFL football running back for the New York Giants
- Josh Duhon (b. 1982), American actor, best known for his role on General Hospital
- Edwin Duhon (1910-2006), American musician and co-founder of the HackBerry Ramblers
- Chris Nicholas Duhon (b. 1982), American professional NBA basketball player for the Los Angeles Lakers
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)