Duenas History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished Spanish surname Duenas appears to be of local origin, being derived from the name of a place where a man once lived or where he once owned land. This place name is believed to be derived from the Spanish word "duenas" (from the Latin Dominus, lord), which is the feminine form of "duenos," and means "proprietresses or heiresses," and may have been originally used to describe an area owned by an heiress, or where a few heiresses lived.
Early Origins of the Duenas family
The surname Duenas was first found in the province of Palencia, in the region of Leon. Some say that the lands of Duenas were owned by Isabel, daughter of Isabel and Ferdinand, the Catholic monarchs of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries.
Early History of the Duenas family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Duenas research. Another 71 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 164 and 1642 are included under the topic Early Duenas History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Duenas Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Duenos, Dueñas, Dueña, Duena and others.
Early Notables of the Duenas family (pre 1700)
Con la Reconquista guerra con la que los cristianos bajo las órdenes del rey Fernando y la reina Isabel reconquistaron a España y expulsaron a los musulmanes invasores en el año 1492. Dentro de...
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Duenas Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Duenas migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Duenas Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Benito De Duenas, who arrived in America in 1812 
- Alonso De Duenas, who arrived in America in 1813 
- A Duenas, aged 40, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1838 
- Geronimo De Duenas, who landed in Florida in 1838 
- Jose Duenas, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1857 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Duenas (post 1700) +
- Moisés Dueñas Nevado (b. 1981), Spanish road racing cyclist
- Lola Dueñas (b. 1971), Spanish actress
- Roberto Dueñas Hernandez (b. 1975), retired Spanish basketball player
- Yobal Dueñas Martínez (b. 1972), Cuban three-time gold and three-time silver medalist baseball player
- Francisco Dueñas (1810-1884), President of El Salvador (1851 to 1854), (1856 to 1871)
- Christopher Duenas, Guam swimmer at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Jesús Alberto Dueñas Manzo (b. 1989), Mexican football midfielder
- Crispin Duenas (b. 1986), Canadian two-time silver medalist recurve archer
- Édgar Esteban Dueñas Peñaflor (b. 1983), Mexican footballer
- Guadalupe Dueñas (b. 1920), Mexican writer
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)