Dudek History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The origins of the German surname Dudek can be traced to Poland. The name is derived from the Slavic word "duda," meaning "street musician." It is likely that the original bearer of this surname was a wandering minstrel, perhaps traveling through Poland.
Early Origins of the Dudek family
The surname Dudek was first found in East Prussia, near the border between Germany and Poland, where it is likely that the initial bearer of the name originally resided.
Early History of the Dudek family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dudek research. Another 64 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1801 and 1858 are included under the topic Early Dudek History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dudek Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Duda, Dudda, Duddek, Dudek, Dudka, Dudy, Dudas and many more.
Early Notables of the Dudek family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dudek Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Dudek is the 7,544th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Migration of the Dudek family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Anna Duda, who came to New Orleans in 1854; and Joseph Dudda, who was naturalized in New York in 1894.
|Contemporary Notables of the name Dudek (post 1700) ||+|
- Joseph Anthony Dudek (1964-1997), former American college football player, inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1997
- Alyson Dudek (b. 1990), American four-time bronze medalist short track speed skater
- Les Dudek (b. 1952), American guitarist, known for his work with Steve Miller Band, The Dudek, Finnigan, Krueger Band, Stevie Nicks and Cher
- Anne Louise Dudek (b. 1975), American actress, best known for her recurring roles as Dr. Amber Volakis on American television show House
- Joan E. Dudek, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1984 
- Gerd Dudek (b. 1938), German jazz tenor saxophonist, soprano saxophonist, clarinetist and flautist
- Grazyna Dudek (1960-1976), Polish figure skater at the 1976 Winter Olympics
- Patryk Dudek (b. 1992), Polish motorcycle speedway rider, member of the Polish junior national team
- Sebastian Dudek (b. 1980), Polish footballer
- Jerzy Dudek (b. 1973), Polish former football goalkeeper
|Historic Events for the Dudek family ||+|
- Aloysius Dudek (1919-1941), German Maschinengefreiter Res. who served aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he died in the sinking