Dudek History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Origins Available: German
The origins of the German surname Dudek can be traced to Poland. The name is derived from the Slavic word "duda," meaning "street musician." It is likely that the original bearer of this surname was a wandering minstrel, perhaps traveling through Poland.
Early Origins of the Dudek family
The surname Dudek was first found in East Prussia
, near the border between Germany
and Poland, where it is likely that the initial bearer of the name originally resided.
Early History of the Dudek family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dudek research.Another 188 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1801 and 1858 are included under the topic Early Dudek History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dudek Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Duda, Dudda, Duddek, Dudek, Dudka, Dudy, Dudas and many more.
Early Notables of the Dudek family (pre 1700)
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dudek Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Dudek family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Anna Duda, who came to New Orleans in 1854; and Joseph Dudda, who was naturalized in New York in 1894.
Contemporary Notables of the name Dudek (post 1700)
- Joseph Anthony Dudek (1964-1997), former American college football player, inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1997
- Alyson Dudek (b. 1990), American four-time bronze medalist short track speed skater
- Les Dudek (b. 1952), American guitarist, known for his work with Steve Miller Band, The Dudek, Finnigan, Krueger Band, Stevie Nicks and Cher
- Anne Louise Dudek (b. 1975), American actress, best known for her recurring roles as Dr. Amber Volakis on American television show House
- Joan E. Dudek, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1984 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 13) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Gerd Dudek (b. 1938), German jazz tenor saxophonist, soprano saxophonist, clarinetist and flautist
- Grazyna Dudek (1960-1976), Polish figure skater at the 1976 Winter Olympics
- Patryk Dudek (b. 1992), Polish motorcycle speedway rider, member of the Polish junior national team
- Sebastian Dudek (b. 1980), Polish footballer
- Jerzy Dudek (b. 1973), Polish former football goalkeeper
Historic Events for the Dudek family
- Aloysius Dudek (1919-1941), German Maschinengefreiter Res. who served aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he died in the sinking CITATION[CLOSE]
Bismarck & Tirpitz Class - Crew List Bismarck. (Retrieved 2018, February 06). Retrieved from https://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/crew/bismarck_crew.html#crew_details
Dudek Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 13) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Bismarck & Tirpitz Class - Crew List Bismarck. (Retrieved 2018, February 06). Retrieved from https://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/crew/bismarck_crew.html#crew_details