Dudas History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The origins of the German surname Dudas can be traced to Poland. The name is derived from the Slavic word "duda," meaning "street musician." It is likely that the original bearer of this surname was a wandering minstrel, perhaps traveling through Poland.
Early Origins of the Dudas family
The surname Dudas was first found in East Prussia, near the border between Germany and Poland, where it is likely that the initial bearer of the name originally resided.
Important Dates for the Dudas family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dudas research. Another 64 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1801 and 1858 are included under the topic Early Dudas History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dudas Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Duda, Dudda, Duddek, Dudek, Dudka, Dudy, Dudas and many more.
Early Notables of the Dudas family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dudas Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Dudas family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Anna Duda, who came to New Orleans in 1854; and Joseph Dudda, who was naturalized in New York in 1894.
Contemporary Notables of the name Dudas (post 1700)
- Jonathan W. Dudas, American Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) (2004-2009)
- Thomas M. Dudas, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Las Vegas, Nevada, 1991 
- Eszter Dudás (b. 1992), Hungarian professional triathlete
- Ádám Dudás (b. 1989), Hungarian football player
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 13) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html