Duca History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Duca family
The surname Duca was first found in Dauphiny (French: Dauphiné or Dauphiné Viennois), a former province in southeastern France, where this prominent family was established in ancient times.
The family became even more prominent through contributions by its members to the society and to their respective communities, and also through many alliances with other important families of the day. An important alliance was formed between the branch Duquet and the Mercier family of St. Sulpice in Paris. The branch Duchat d'Aubigny was ennobled in Metz, Lorraine in 1721.
Denis Duquet, born in 1612, settled in Canada in the 17th century. After arriving in Quebec he married Catherine Gautier, born in 1627, on 13th May 1638. They had one son, Pierre Duquet, and he married Anne La Marre in Quebec on 23rd August 1666. 
Early History of the Duca family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Duca research. Another 24 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1721 and 1738 are included under the topic Early Duca History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Duca Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ducquette, Duquette, Duquète, Ducquet, Duquet, Duquais, Duchet, Duchez, Duchey, Duchette, Duchais, Duché and many more.
Early Notables of the Duca family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Duca Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Duca migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Duca Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Benardino Duca, aged 25, who landed in America from Capranica, Italy, in 1909
- Alessandro Duca, aged 7, who settled in America from Villarose, Sicily, in 1910
- Antonino Duca, aged 7, who immigrated to the United States from Monforte, Italy, in 1910
- Angela Duca, aged 5, who immigrated to the United States from Rocco Verdini, Italy, in 1911
- Anna Duca, aged 16, who landed in America from Meyma, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Duca (post 1700) +
- Paul Anthony Lo Duca (b. 1972), American television personality, former Major League Baseball catcher
- Michael Gerard Duca (b. 1952), Bishop of Shreveport
- Cino Del Duca (1899-1967), Italian-born businessman film producer and philanthropist
- Ion Gheorghe Duca (1879-1933), Prime Minister of Romania (1933)
- Paolo Duca (b. 1981), Swiss professional ice hockey player
Related Stories +
- ^ Olivier, Reginald L. Your Ancient Canadian Family Ties. Logan: The Everton Publishers, Inc., P.O. Box 368, 1972. Print