where it was listed as Dochesig, land held by the Bishop of Chester. At that time it was part of Seighford and had land enough for three ploughs.
Doxey Pool is a small pool of water and legend claims it is inhabited by a mermaid called Jenny Greenteeth who apparently fell in the pool on a foggy day and since then she has been enticing victims to their watery grave in the pool. One of the first listings of the name was in the year 1210 when Hugh de Dockesey held estates in that shire. CITATION[CLOSE]
Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dox research.Another 78 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1273, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Dox History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
of this family name include: Dox, Docks, Doxey, Docksey, Docksie, Dorksey and many more.