on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Italian Donofrio family come from? What is the Italian Donofrio family crest and coat of arms? When did the Donofrio family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Donofrio family history?The Donofrio surname comes from the Italian personal name Onofrio, which is derived from the Latin Onnuphrius. It became a popular Christian name, mainly in Southern Italy due to St. Onofrio, a 5th-century Egyptian martyr.
Spelling variations of this family name include: D'Onofrio, D'Onofri, Nofri, Noferi, Noferini, Onofrio and many more.
First found in Emilia. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, was in itself a family honor.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Donofrio research. Another 229 words (16 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Donofrio History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Donofrio Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Donofrio Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Luigi Donofrio, who came to Ashtabula Co. OH sometime between 1875 and 1906
- Vincent Philip d'Onofrio (b. 1959), American actor, director, producer, writer, and singer, known for his roles as Edgar/the Bug in Men in Black, Detective Robert Goren in Law & Order: Criminal Intent and most recently as Wilson Fisk in the Netflix series Daredevil
- Mark Emil D'Onofrio (b. 1969), American college football coach and former professional player
- Heather Daly Donofrio (b. 1969), American professional golfer
- Nicholas M. Donofrio (b. 1945), Executive Vice President of Innovation and Technology at the IBM Corporation until 2008
- Beverly Donofrio (b. 1950), American author
- Carl J. D'Onofrio, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for New York, 1956
- Denis D'Onofrio (b. 1989), Italian professional football player
- Elizabeth D'Onofrio (b. 1957), film producer, actress, and acting coach, brother of Vincent d'Onofrio
- Pietro D'Onofrio, Peruvian founder of D'Onofrio in 1859 which produces confectionery products, now a subsidiary of Nestlé
- Dominique D'Onofrio (b. 1953), Italo-Belgian football coach
- Glazier, Ira A. and P. Williams Filby Edition. Italians to America. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Gheno, Antonio. Contributo alla Bibliografia Genealogica Italiana. Bologna: Forni, 1924. Print.
- Guelfi Camajani, Piero. Dizionario Araldico 1940 Reprint Arnoaldo Forni. Milan: 1978. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bascapè, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Donofrio Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Donofrio Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 January 2016 at 12:36.
on orders of $85 or more