Domingos History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished surname Domingos comes from Spain, a country rich in culture and history. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is ez.
Early Origins of the Domingos family
The surname Domingos was first found in Castile, predominant among the Christian kingdoms of mediaeval Spain.
Early History of the Domingos family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Domingos research. Another 74 words (5 lines of text) covering the year 1110 is included under the topic Early Domingos History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Domingos Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Domínguez, Dominguez, Domingues, Domingo, Dominguín and many more.
Early Notables of the Domingos family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family twelfth century Castilian noblemen Domingo Domínguez of Sepúlveda, and Pero Domínguez de Mazuelo of Fornillos; seventeenth century Colombian poet, philosopher and doctor Hernando Domínguez Camargo; eighteenth century Mexican painter José...
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Domingos Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Domingos family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Anton Dominguez, who came to Dominican Republic in 1536; Aparicio Dominguez, who arrived in 1536; Alonso Dominguez, who arrived in America in 1539; Anton Domingo, who came to Peru in 1539.
Contemporary Notables of the name Domingos (post 1700) +
- Dolly Domingos Menga (b. 1993), Angolan professional footballer
- João Domingos Pinto (b. 1961), retired Portuguese footballer and coach
- Domingos Montagner Filho (1962-2016), Brazilian actor, playwright and entrepreneur
- Domingos Baggio, Brazlian entomologist at the Biomedical Sciences Institute of the University of São Paulo, co-eponym of the Baggio-Yoshinari syndrome (BYS)
- Domingos António de Sequeira (1768-1837), Portuguese painter
- Domingos Bonifacio (b. 1984), Angolan basketball point guard
- Domingos Gabriel Wisniewski (1928-2010), Brazilian Roman Catholic prelate and bishop
Related Stories +