Doesburg History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Doesburg family
The surname Doesburg was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Gelderland, (Guelders) an ancient province surrounding the town of Gelder. To the south of Friesland this province was originally in two parts north and south of the Rhine. In addition, the province is sub-divided into four towns, or quarters, Nijmegan, Arnhem, Zutphen and Roermond, each having unique rights and customs. Apeldoorn is a city of note. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Doesburg family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Doesburg research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1815 and 1842 are included under the topic Early Doesburg History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Doesburg Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Doesburgs, Doesburgh, Doesberg, Does, Doesenburg, Dosenberg and many more.
Early Notables of the Doesburg family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Doesburg Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Doesburg migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Doesburg Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bettje Doesburg, aged 3, who arrived in New York, NY in 1848 
- Cornelia Doesburg, aged 30, who landed in New York, NY in 1848 
- Cornelis Doesburg, aged 1, who arrived in New York, NY in 1848 
- Gerrit Doesburg, aged 4, who landed in New York, NY in 1848 
- Hermanus Doesburg, aged 39, who arrived in New York, NY in 1848 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Doesburg (post 1700) +
- John C. Doesburg (b. 1947), American Army Major General
- Arie Van Doesburg, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Michigan 5th District, 1934 
- Willem "Pim" Doesburg (1943-2020), Dutch football goalkeeper
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 15) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html