Dodier History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Dodier family
The surname Dodier was first found in Lyonnais.
Important Dates for the Dodier family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dodier research. Another 64 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1083, 1524, 1634, 1655, 1664, 1666, 1716, 1751, 1775, 1816, 1848, 1858, 1868, 1870, and 1887 are included under the topic Early Dodier History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dodier Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dode, Dodon, Dodet, Dodeux, Dodin, Dodart, Dodier, Dodelin, Deaudelin, Dodinat, Dodart, Dodat, Dodds, Dodelier, Doderet, Dodieu, Dodillion, Dodolin, Dodon, Dodun and many more.
Early Notables of the Dodier family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family was Claude Dodieu, councillor-clerk at the Parisian parliament in 1524. Denis I Dodart, born in Paris in 1634, was a professor at the Pharmaceutical School in 1666 and became the personal doctor of the Duchess of Longueville. Charles-Gaspard Dodun, marquis of Herbault, was general finance director in 1655; Jean-Claude-Baptiste Dodart, born in 1664, was a medical doctor in 1716; Thomas Doderet was a lawyer in 1751; Guillaume Dode de la Brunerie was famous as Marshall of France in 1775; Charles Dodelier was an...
Another 87 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dodier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dodier migration to Canada
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dodier Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Sebastien Dodier, who settled in Quebec in 1644
- Marie Belhomme Dodier, who settled in Quebec in 1644
- Catherine Dodier, who settled in Quebec in 1644
- Jacques Dodier, son of Fiacre and Catherine, married Catherine Caron, daughter of Robert and Marie, in Château-Richer, Quebec on 30th November 1662 
- Jeanne Dodier, who arrived in Quebec in 1663
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Dodier Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Louis Dodier, son of Ange and Marguerite, married Reine Gagnon, daughter of Pierre and Isabelle, in Sainte-Anne, Quebec on 25th February 1737 
- Pierre Dodier, son of Ange and Marguerite, married Isabelle Bilodeau, daughter of Gabrielle and Isabelle, in Berthier, Quebec on 10th February 1744 
- Joseph Dodier, son of Pierre and Marie-Thérèse, married Françoise Molleur, daughter of Jean-Baptiste and Marie-Françoise, in Beauport, Quebec on 18th September 1758 
- Louis Dodier, son of Pierre and Marie-Thérèse, married Marie-Josephte Corriveau, daughter of Joseph and Marie-Françoise, in Saint-Vallier, Quebec on 20th July 1761 
You May Also Like
- ^ Internoscia, Arthur E., and Claire Chevrier. Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français 1608-1760. Vol. 1, Institut Drouin, 1958.