Dode History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Dode family
The surname Dode was first found in Lyonnais.
Important Dates for the Dode family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dode research. Another 64 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1083, 1524, 1634, 1655, 1664, 1666, 1716, 1751, 1775, 1816, 1848, 1858, 1868, 1870, and 1887 are included under the topic Early Dode History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dode Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dode, Dodon, Dodet, Dodeux, Dodin, Dodart, Dodier, Dodelin, Deaudelin, Dodinat, Dodart, Dodat, Dodds, Dodelier, Doderet, Dodieu, Dodillion, Dodolin, Dodon, Dodun and many more.
Early Notables of the Dode family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family was Claude Dodieu, councillor-clerk at the Parisian parliament in 1524. Denis I Dodart, born in Paris in 1634, was a professor at the Pharmaceutical School in 1666 and became the personal doctor of the Duchess of Longueville. Charles-Gaspard Dodun, marquis of Herbault, was general finance director in 1655; Jean-Claude-Baptiste Dodart, born in 1664, was a medical doctor in 1716; Thomas Doderet was a lawyer in 1751; Guillaume Dode de la Brunerie was famous as Marshall of France in 1775; Charles Dodelier was an...
Another 87 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dode Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dode migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dode Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Eliza Dode, who settled in Virginia in 1701
- Eliza Dode, who landed in Virginia in 1701 
Dode Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Doctor Dode, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1808 
- Heinrich Dode, who settled in New York, NY in 1852
Contemporary Notables of the name Dode (post 1700)
- Guillaume Dode de La Brunerie, French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- Dode Weyant (1930-2007), American editor, known for his work on Prince of Darkness (1987), Shocker (1989) and Bat*21 (1988)
- Dode Criss (1885-1955), former right-handed Major League Baseball pitcher
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, February 24) Guillaume Dode. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html