Dittman History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Dittman family
The surname Dittman was first found in Schleswig-Holstein, where the name Ditmar contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs.
Early History of the Dittman family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dittman research. Another 103 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 181 and 1814 are included under the topic Early Dittman History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dittman Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dittmaier, Dittmaiers, Dittmayr, Dittmeyer, Ditmeyer, Dittmaier, Dittmayer, Ditmayer, Dittmer, Dittmar, Ditmar and many more.
Early Notables of the Dittman family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dittman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Dittman is the 9,848th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Dittman migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dittman Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Loudwick Dittman, who arrived in America in 1730 
- Johann Henrich Dittman, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1774 
Dittman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- N Dittman, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850 
- M Dittman, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851 
- Anna Elisabeth Dittman, who arrived in Baltimore in 1892
- Heinrich Dittman, who settled in Baltimore in 1892
Contemporary Notables of the name Dittman (post 1700) +
- Matthew Dittman, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1896; Candidate for Presidential Elector for Pennsylvania, 1900 
- H. F. Dittman, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for Presidential Elector for Pennsylvania, 1916 
- Charles A. Dittman, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Wisconsin, 1932 
- Alice Dittman, American Republican politician, Presidential Elector for Nebraska, 1996 
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 25) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html