on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Dutch Dingman family come from? What is the Dutch Dingman family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dingman family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dingman family history?The surname Dingman may come from the Middle Low German surname Dinger, which was derived from the Old High German word "dinc" meaning "judicial trial or hearing." The name may also have originated with the place names Ding or Dingen.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dingman, Dingeman, Dingermann, Dingmans, Dingemans and many more.
First found in Westphalia, a region in western Germany which borders the Netherlands. In Frankfurt, Mecze uff dem Dingreyne was recorded in 1347.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dingman research. Another 198 words (14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dingman History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 30 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dingman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dingman Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Adam Dingman, who landed in New Netherland(s) in 1620-1664
- Adam Dingman and his family, who immigrated to New Netherland in 1653
Dingman Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Gerardus Dingman U.E., "Gerhard" (b. 1709) born in Kinderhoek, Columbia County, New York, USA from Kinderhoek, Columbia County, New York, USA who arrived at Machiche Refugee Camp, Quebec c. 1779 he died in 1780 in Machiche Refugee camp, married with 8 children
- Mr. John Dingman U.E. who settled in Westminster, Middlesex County, Ontario c. 1784
- Mr. John Dingman U.E. who settled in Canada c. 1784
- Mr. Richard Dingman U.E. who settled in Eastern District [Cornwall], Ontario c. 1786
- Mr. Garret Dingman U.E. who settled in Fredericksburgh [Greater Napanee], Ontario c. 1786
Dingman Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- James P. Dingman, who was recorded in the 1871 census in Ontario
- Maurice John Dingman (1914-1992), American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- Michael David Dingman (b. 1931), American international investor, businessman and philanthropist
- Katherine Dingman (b. 1964), American professional wrestler and valet
- Dean Dingman, former All-American offensive guard
- Craig Allen Dingman (b. 1974), American relief pitcher in Major League Baseball
- Chris Dingman, professional hockey player
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München: 1975. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
The Dingman Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dingman Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 February 2015 at 15:24.
on orders of $85 or more