Dinardo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Dinardo surname was a patronymic name, created from the personal name Nardo, which was in turn, a shortened form of Bernardo.
Early Origins of the Dinardo family
The surname Dinardo was first found in the Kingdom of Naples, formerly Napoli or Neapolis, in southern Italy. There is also a city of Nardò in the province of Lecce, that dates from the Baroque era. Belisario Acquaviva, a nobleman and writer from the Kingdom of Naples became the first Duke of Nardo (Duca di Nardò) in the 15th century.
Early History of the Dinardo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dinardo research. Another 123 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1310, 1384, 1425, 1457, 1394, 1424 and 1770 are included under the topic Early Dinardo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dinardo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Di Nardi, Di Nardo, Nardo, Nardone, Nardini, Nardi, Nardis, Nordi, Nordine, Nardino and many more.
Early Notables of the Dinardo family (pre 1700)
By the end of the 15th century, southern Italy was known as the Kingdom of Naples, ruled by the house of Aragon. By the early eighteenth century, the Austrians had gained much of the region, under the rule of the Austrian emperor Kales VI. However, in 1734, Spaniard Don Carlos defeated the Austrians, and the region came under Spanish rule once more. In 1799, the French invaded Naples and in 1806, Napoleon's brother Joseph was made king, but this...
Another 78 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dinardo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dinardo migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dinardo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Dinardo, age 31, who arrived in America on Jan. 8, 1883, aboard the "India"
- Serafino Dinardo, age 29, Martino Dinardo, age 40, and Domenico Dinardo, age 27, who all arrived in New York on Apr. 23, 1883, aboard the "Brittania"
- Antonio Dinardo, age 44, who arrived in New York on May 17, 1884, aboard the "Scotia"
- C. Dinardo, age 30, who arrived at New York on July 29, 1885, aboard the "Olympia"
Dinardo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Berardino DiNardo, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1902
Contemporary Notables of the name Dinardo (post 1700) +
- Daniel Nicholas DiNardo (b. 1949), American Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church
- Gerard "Gerry" DiNardo (b. 1952), American College football player and coach
- Leonard Edward DiNardo (b. 1979), American Major League Baseball player
- Nancy DiNardo, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Connecticut, 2000, 2004, 2008; Connecticut Democratic State Chair, 2008 
- James C. Dinardo, American politician, Mayor of Hazlet, New Jersey, 2007 
- Gino DiNardo (b. 1975), Italian professional footballer
Historic Events for the Dinardo family +
- Gianfranca DiNardo (1962-1988), Italian Passenger from London, England, who flew aboard the Pan Am Flight 103 from Frankfurt to Detroit, known as the Lockerbie bombing in 1988 and died 
Related Stories +