Difiore History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Difiore family
The surname Difiore was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Difiore family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Difiore research. Another 104 words (7 lines of text) covering the year 1790 is included under the topic Early Difiore History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Difiore Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fiori, Fioa, Fior, Fiorello, Floris, Flores, Dal Fiore, Dalla Fior, Di Fiore, La Fiore, Fiorelli, Fiorella, Fiorita, Fiorito, Fioruzzi, Fioroni, Fiorato, Fiorese, Fiordigiglio, Fiordalisa, Fiordelisi, Dal Fiore, Fiorellino and many more.
Early Notables of the Difiore family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Difiore Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Difiore is the 16,191st most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Migration of the Difiore family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Alonso Flores, who settled in Mexico in 1539; Michael Floris, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1739; Antonio Floris, who arrived in New Orleans in 1831.
|Contemporary Notables of the name Difiore (post 1700) ||+|
- Janet Marie DiFiore (b. 1955), American jurist, Chief Judge of the New York Court of Appeals (2016-)
- Vince DiFiore (b. 1963), American musician, member of the band Cake since 1991, and plays trumpet, keyboard, and auxiliary percussion
- Joe DiFiore (b. 1975), American professional football player
- Liz DiFiore, New Zealand film and television producer, best known for her work on New Zealand drama productions
- Alan Di Fiore, Canadian award-winning screenwriter. DiFiore recently won his third Gemini Award for his work on the Da Vinci's Inquest television show