on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Diesel family come from? What is the German Diesel family crest and coat of arms? When did the Diesel family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Diesel family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Diesel, Diesl, Diessel, Diesell, Diessler, Diesslen, Diesslel, Diesler, Dieslel, Dieslen, Dieselle, Dieseller, Diesele and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name Diesel emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. Since the 13th century the surname was identified with important social and economic advancements which made this territory an important contributor to the development of the great nation of Germany.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Diesel research. Another 103 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1692 and 1745 are included under the topic Early Diesel History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Diesel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Diesel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Fred Diesel, who came to Philadelphia in 1806
- Andreas Diesel arrived in St. Clare County, Illinois in 1851
- Andreas Diesel, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1851
- Martin Diesel came to Philadelphia in 1868
- Vin Diesel (b. 1967), stage name of Mark Sinclair, an American actor, writer, director and producer, best known for his roles as Dominic Toretto in The Fast and the Furious film series and Richard B. Riddick in The Chronicles of Riddick trilogy
- Rudolf Christian Karl Diesel (1858-1913), German engineer and inventor of the eponymous "diesel" internal combustion engine, which completely revolutionized the transportation industry
- Juergen Diesel (b. 1926), German Ambassador to Switzerland (1973-77) and Czechoslovakia (1977-82)
- Johnny Diesel (b. 1966), award-winning Australian musician
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
The Diesel Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Diesel Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 August 2015 at 10:30.
on orders of $85 or more