Dicenzo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Dicenzo family
The surname Dicenzo was first found in Sardinia (Italian: Sardegna, Sardinian: Sardigna), the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. The original inhabitants were Sicels. The Greeks colonized in 735 B.C. Phoenician settlements began in 6th century. Carthaginians arrived 410. Romans arrived, then the Saracens. Then the Norman Conquest said to be Sicily's brightest hour, 1057 A.D and taking 35 years. They made Sicilians the leading Maritimes power in the Mediterranean, and King Roger of Sicily one of the greatest Kings in Europe. From Sicily they invaded Greece. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Dicenzo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dicenzo research. Another 73 words (5 lines of text) covering the year 1488 is included under the topic Early Dicenzo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dicenzo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Desenzo, Cosenza, Cosenzo, Conzensi, Cusenza, Cozenza, Cozenzo and many more.
Early Notables of the Dicenzo family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dicenzo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dicenzo migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Dicenzo Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Dicenzo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Daniele DiCenzo, aged 37, who settled in America from Abruzzi, in 1902
- Romeo DiCenzo, aged 16, who landed in America from Salmona, Italy, in 1911
- Vincenzo Dicenzo, aged 22, who immigrated to the United States from Pio Delle Camere, Italy, in 1912
- Domenico DiCenzo, aged 29, who immigrated to the United States from Intradacqua, Italy, in 1913
- Giovanni Dicenzo, aged 41, who landed in America from Vinchiaturo, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Dicenzo (post 1700)
- George Ralph DiCenzo (1940-2010), American character actor and former associate producer for Dark Shadows
You May Also Like