Early Origins of the Diane family
The surname Diane was first found in Venice
(Italian: Venezia), and seaport occupying one of the most remarkable sites of the world. Centralizing on the Grand Canal the history of the city can be traced through the different styles of architecture Byzantine, Gothic, early Renaissance
and late Renaissance
. It is rich in ancient palaces, churches, libraries, galleries, monuments, statues, treasures and artifacts. Its history is abundant in politics, art, religion, scholarship and conflict. The ducal palace was commenced in 1309. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Diane family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Diane research.Another 125 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1575 and 1657 are included under the topic Early Diane History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Diane Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Natali, Dinatali, Di Natile, Natale, Nadali, Nataletti, Nadalet, Natalini, Nadalini, Nadalin, Natalucci, Nataloni, Natalizi, Natalizio, Natalut, Nadalutti, Nadini, Nadin, Naletto, Di Nadin, Di Naletto, Dianatale and many more.
Early Notables of the Diane family (pre 1700)
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Diane Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Diane family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Diane Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Cornelius Diane, who arrived in Mississippi in 1795
Contemporary Notables of the name Diane (post 1700)
- Mrs. Patricia Diane Armstrong-Child M.B.E.,, British Director of Nursing for Bolton NHS Foundation Trust, was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire on 29th December 2018 for services to Nursing CITATION[CLOSE]
"Birthday and New Year Honours Lists (1940 to 2019)." Issue 62507, 28 December 2018 | London Gazette, The Gazette, Dec. 2018, www.thegazette.co.uk/honours-lists
- D. Diane Sarge, American politician, Socialist Workers Candidate for Presidential Elector for Michigan, 1988
- Susan Diane Wojcicki (b. 1968), American technology executive, current CEO of YouTube, daughter of Esther Wojcicki
- Lora Diane Fairclough (b. 1970), English LPGA professional golfer
- Kim Diane McGuire (1955-2016), American actress and author, best known for her role in the 1990 comedy musical Cry-Baby
- Bobbie Diane Eakes (b. 1961), American two-time Daytime Emmy Award and four-time Soap Opera Digest Award nominated actress and singer, known for All My Children (1970), The Bold and the Beautiful (1987) and Tainted Dreams (2014)
- Gennifer Diane Brandon (b. 1990), American professional basketball player
- Melora Diane Hardin (b. 1967), American actress and singer, known for her roles as Jan Levinson on NBC's The Office and Trudy Monk on Monk
- Samille Diane Friesen (b. 1937), birth name of Dyan Cannon, the American film and television actress, director, screenwriter, editor, and producer
- Linda Diane Creed (1948-1986), American singer-songwriter and lyricist
Diane Family Crest Products
- ^ "Birthday and New Year Honours Lists (1940 to 2019)." Issue 62507, 28 December 2018 | London Gazette, The Gazette, Dec. 2018, www.thegazette.co.uk/honours-lists