Early Origins of the Di carlo family
The surname Di carlo was first found in Milan (Italian: Milano, Milanese: Milan), the second-most populous city in Italy and the capital of Lombardy
. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. Another line of this surname was found in the province of Veneto in the 13th century, when members of the Carlotti family were recognized as nobility in the city of Verona.
Early History of the Di carlo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Di carlo research.Another 171 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1503, 1524, 1777, 1686, 1775, 1613, 1590, 1630, 1626, 1697, 1674, 1750, 1466, 1483, 1503, 1524, 1514, 1519, 1580, 1721 and 1744 are included under the topic Early Di carlo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Di carlo Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Carli, Carlo, Caroli, Decarli, Di Carlo, De Caroli, De Carolix, Carlino, Carlini, Carlin, Carlucci, Carluccio, Carluzzi, Carlotti, Carlotto, Carlot, Carlozzi, Carloni, Carlone, Carlon, Carlesi, Carlisi and many more.
Early Notables of the Di carlo family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Carlo Innocenzo Carlone (1686-1775), an Italian painter and engraver; Taddeo Carlone (died 1613), Swiss-Italian sculptor and architect; Giovanni Bernardo Carlone (1590-1630), an Italian painter of the late-Mannerist and early-Baroque periods; Andrea Carlone (1626-1697), an Italian painter; Diego Francesco Carlone (1674-1750), an... Another 161 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Di carlo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Di carlo family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Di carlo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charlie DiCarlo, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1879
Di carlo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Giuseppe DiCarlo, who settled in Ashtabula Co., OH sometime between 1875 and 1906
- Antonio DiCarlo, who settled in Ashtabula Co., OH sometime between 1875 and 1906
- Dominico DiCarlo, who settled in Ashtabula Co., OH sometime between 1875 and 1906
Contemporary Notables of the name Di carlo (post 1700)
- Veronica DiCarlo (1930-1994), United States federal judge
- David C. DiCarlo, former American Democratic member of the Pennsylvania House
- David F. Girard diCarlo (b. 1943), American lawyer and former diplomat
- Robert J. "Bob" DiCarlo, former American Republican Party lawmaker
- Dominick Leonard DiCarlo (1928-1999), American member of the New York State Assembly
- George Thomas DiCarlo (b. 1963), former American freestyle swimmer
- David C. DiCarlo, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania 24th District, 1980 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 10) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Veronica DiCarlo Wicker (1930-1994), American jurist, Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana (1979–1994)
Di carlo Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 10) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html