on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Desnoyers family come from? What is the French Desnoyers family crest and coat of arms? When did the Desnoyers family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Desnoyers family history?Noble surnames, such as Desnoyers, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the French people. The original bearer of the name Desnoyers, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful Ile de France region. In France, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate.The Desnoyers family originally derived its surname from the name of the place in the Isle of France.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Desnoyers, Desnoyer, Des Noyers, Des Noyer and others.
First found in Ile-de-France.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Desnoyers research. Another 81 words(6 lines of text) covering the years 1604, 1722, 1755, 1764, 1767, 1800, 1814, 1827, and 1899 are included under the topic Early Desnoyers History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 134 words(10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Desnoyers Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Desnoyers Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Catherine Desnoyers, who was married in America in 1650
Desnoyers Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- F. L. Desnoyers, who emigrated to the United States, in 1904
- Albertine Desnoyers, aged 27, who settled in America from Paris, France, in 1912
- Heini Desnoyers, aged 33, who emigrated to America from Paris, France, in 1912
- Gratian Desnoyers, aged 33, who landed in America from Peyregoux, France, in 1919
- Maurice Desnoyers, aged 25, who landed in America, in 1921
Desnoyers Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Noel Desnoyers lived in Notre-Dame-de-Quebec in 1655
Desnoyers Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Paul Desnoyers, aged 26, who settled in Montreal, Canada, in 1913
- Adam Desnoyers, American author, winner of the 2003 O. Henry Prize
- Peter J. Desnoyers (1772-1846), American silversmith and businessman in Detroit
- Peter Desnoyers (1800-1880), American businessman and politician, State Treasurer of Michigan
- Auguste Gaspard Louis Desnoyers (1800-1887), Baron Boucher-Desnoyers, French engraver
- Jules Pierre François Stanislaus Desnoyers (1779-1857), French geologist and archaeologist
- André Desnoyers, prominent Economist in Quebec
- Daniel Desnoyers, Canadian radio host
- Luc Desnoyers (b. 1950), Canadian politician in Quebec
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
The Desnoyers Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Desnoyers Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 December 2014 at 23:26.
on orders of $85 or more