Deslandes History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Deslandes family
The surname Deslandes was first found in Poitou.
Important Dates for the Deslandes family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deslandes research. Another 46 words (3 lines of text) covering the years 1400, 1534, 1569, 1730, 1796, 1808, 1817, 1825, 1848, 1849, 1852, 1853, 1861, 1866, 1874, and 1876 are included under the topic Early Deslandes History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deslandes Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Deslandes, Deslane, Deslanes, Deslandres and others.
Early Notables of the Deslandes family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family at this time was Pierre-Delunay Deslandes, from Arranches, who was a professor at the College of the Oratoriens of Soissons in 1730; Leopold Deslandes was born in 1796 in Paris and is recorded in 1817, when he finished his doctorate in medicine; Paulin Deslandes, who lived during the nineteenth century, was a singer at the Comic Opera; he also composed theatre pieces; Jean-Francois-Marie Deslandes dedicated himself to teaching, and became a professor at La Rochelle in 1808; Raymond Deslandes was a dramatic author in 1825; Adolphe-Edouard-Marie Deslandres was ordained, in 1852, chief organist of Notre-Dame in Paris...
Another 115 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deslandes Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deslandes migration to Canada
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deslandes Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Jean Deslandes married in 1688 in Boucherville, Quebec
- Jean Deslandes, son of Philippe and Anne, married Isabelle Ronceray, daughter of Jean and Jeanne, in Boucherville, Quebec on 24th November 1688 
Deslandes Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Jean Deslandes, son of Philippe and Anne, married Marie-Madeleine, daughter of Jacques and Jacqueline, in Montreal, Quebec on 24th October 1701 
- Jean Deslandes, son of Jean and Isabelle, married Marie-Josephte Sérand, daughter of Joseph and Marguerite, in Montreal, Quebec on 26th August 1714 
- Jean-Baptiste Deslandes married in 1714 in Montreal
- Pierre Deslandes, son of Jean and Isabelle, married Marguerite Lecompte, daughter of Aimé and Anne, in Montreal, Quebec on 8th November 1723 
- Marie-Anne Deslandes married in 1728 in Montreal
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Deslandes (post 1700)
- Raymond "Raimond" Deslandes (1825-1890), 19th-century French journalist, playwright and theater manager
- Nicolas Théodore Paulin Deslandes (1806-1866), 19th-century French playwright
- Ghislain Deslandes (b. 1970), French philosopher who received the EFMD-FNEGE Best Essay Award in 2015
- Charlie Deslandes (1900-1967), Australian rules footballer who played with Fitzroy in 1924
- Sylvain Boris Nabil Deslandes (b. 1997), Cameroon professional footballer
- Maria Carolina Martinez Deslandes (b. 1991), Portuguese singer and songwriter
- Flavio Deslandes, Brazilian industrial designer
- Baronne Madeleine Annette Edmé Angélique Vivier- Deslandes (b. 1866), French writer associated with the English Pre-Raphaelites
- Carolina Deslandes (b. 1991), Portugese singer and songwriter
You May Also Like
- ^ Internoscia, Arthur E., and Claire Chevrier. Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français 1608-1760. Vol. 1, Institut Drouin, 1958.