Desiderio History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Desiderio family
The surname Desiderio was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Important Dates for the Desiderio family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Desiderio research. Another 115 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1273, 1347, 1387, and 1603 are included under the topic Early Desiderio History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Desiderio Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Desiderio, Desideri, Desiderii and others.
Early Notables of the Desiderio family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Desiderio Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Desiderio migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Desiderio Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Desiderio Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonino Desiderio, aged 10, who immigrated to America from Posidano, Italy, in 1899
Desiderio Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ainnuizioita Desiderio, aged 46, who landed in America from Italy, in 1905
- Aniello Desiderio, aged 55, who landed in America from S. Egidio, Italy, in 1905
- Amelli Desiderio, aged 13, who immigrated to the United States from Angri, Italy, in 1910
- Alfonso Desiderio, aged 1, who immigrated to the United States from Salopaca, Italy, in 1911
- Alfrido Desiderio, aged 19, who settled in America from Fornio, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Desiderio (post 1700)
- Tracy Desiderio, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from New Jersey, 2004 
- Vincent Desiderio (b. 1955), American realist painter
- Robert Desiderio (b. 1951), American television actor
- Reginald B. Desiderio (1918-1950), soldier in the United States Army, Medal of Honor recipient
- Monsù Desiderio (1593-1620), born François de Nomé, French painter in Naples
- Desiderio da Settignano (1428-1464), Italian sculptor
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2017, April 12) Tracy Desiderio. Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html