Deshazer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Deshazer, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the French people. The original bearer of the name Deshazer, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Lorraine. In France, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Deshazer family originally lived at the town of Paresse or Parez, in the Lorraine. Although one would at first assume that the name is derived from the city of Paris, evidence suggests that the names of both the town in the Lorraine and the French capital are derived from a Gaulish tribe called the Parisii.
Early Origins of the Deshazer family
The surname Deshazer was first found in Lorraine, where the family was first established and expanded into one of the more notable families of the region.
Early History of the Deshazer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deshazer research. Another 48 words (3 lines of text) covering the years 1795, 1810, and 1875 are included under the topic Early Deshazer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deshazer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Deshaies, Deshais, De'Hay, DeHaye, Dehaye, Dehays, Deshayes, Desaix, Desai and many more.
Early Notables of the Deshazer family (pre 1700)
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deshazer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Deshazer family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Susanne Deshais, who settled in Carolina in 1695; Robert Desha, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850.
|Contemporary Notables of the name Deshazer (post 1700) ||+|
- Dennis DeShazer, American two-time Daytime Emmy Award nominated producer and writer, known for Barney and Friends (1992-2007)
- Brandon Makkole DeShazer (b. 1984), American actor and former model from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, known for Hot Guys with Guns (2013), Days of Our Lives (1965) and Party Down (2009)
- Bruce DeShazer, American singer and voice actor, half of the singing duo The Wild Pair, known for their 1988 hit duet with Paula Abdul, "Opposites Attract"
- Steve de Shazer (1940-2005), American psychotherapist, author from Milwaukee, developer and pioneer of solution focused brief therapy, founder of the Brief Family Therapy Center (BFTC)
- Jacob Daniel DeShazer (1912-2008), American staff sergeant from West Stayton, Oregon who participated in the Doolittle Raid beginning on Sunday 1 March 1942, Japanese Prisoner of War, awarded both the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Purple Heart for his part in the Doolittle Raid