Deshaies History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Deshaies, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the French people. The original bearer of the name Deshaies, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Lorraine. In France, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Deshaies family originally lived at the town of Paresse or Parez, in the Lorraine. Although one would at first assume that the name is derived from the city of Paris, evidence suggests that the names of both the town in the Lorraine and the French capital are derived from a Gaulish tribe called the Parisii.
Early Origins of the Deshaies family
The surname Deshaies was first found in Lorraine, where the family was first established and expanded into one of the more notable families of the region.
Early History of the Deshaies family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deshaies research. Another 48 words (3 lines of text) covering the years 1795, 1810, and 1875 are included under the topic Early Deshaies History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deshaies Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Deshaies, Deshais, De'Hay, DeHaye, Dehaye, Dehays, Deshayes, Desaix, Desai and many more.
Early Notables of the Deshaies family (pre 1700)
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deshaies Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In Quebec, Canada, the name Deshaies is the 667th most popular surname. 
Deshaies migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deshaies Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Arthur Deshaies, aged 4, who landed in America from Providence, Rhode Island in 1924
- Carmen Deshaies, aged 2, who settled in Providence, Rhode Island in 1924
- Emilienne Deshaies, aged 24, who immigrated to Providence, Rhode Island in 1924
Contemporary Notables of the name Deshaies (post 1700) +
- Catherine Deshaies, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Iowa, 2000 
Related Stories +
- ^ https://statistique.quebec.ca/fr/document/noms-de-famille-au-quebec/tableau/les-1-000-premiers-noms-de-famille-selon-le-rang-quebec
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2017, April 12) Catherine Deshaies. Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html