on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the French Descoteaux family come from? What is the French Descoteaux family crest and coat of arms? When did the Descoteaux family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Descoteaux family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Descoteaux, Descouteaux, Des Couteaux, Des Coteaux, D'Escouteaux, D'Escoteaux, Descotes and many more.
First found in Poitou.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Descoteaux research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1646, 1654, 1689, 1699, and 1716 are included under the topic Early Descoteaux History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 130 words (9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Descoteaux Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Descoteaux Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Philip Edward Descoteaux, aged 26, who arrived in New York, in 1917
Descoteaux Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Marie-Angelique Descoteaux married in 1725 in Quebec
- Madeleine Descoteaux married in 1728 in Baie-du-Febvre, Quebec
- François Descoteaux married in 1760 in Yamachiche
- Euphrosine Descoteaux married in 1798 in Yamachiche
Descoteaux Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Valentine Descoteaux, aged 20, who arrived in Montreal, Canada, in 1923
- Norm Descoteaux (b. 1948), retired Canadian professional WHA ice hockey player for the Quebec Nordiques
- Bernard Descôteaux (b. 1947), Québécois journalist
- Joseph-Félix Descôteaux (1863-1931), Canadian farmer and politician who represented Nicolet in the Canadian House of Commons from 1923 to 1930
- Pierre Descoteaux (b. 1952), Canadian lawyer and politician, Member of Parliament for Groulx (2003-2007)
- Matthieu Descoteaux (b. 1977), Canadian former professional NHL ice hockey defenceman who played from 1997 to 2009
- Claude Descoteaux, Canadian executive Vice-President of the Chamber of Commerce for the province of Quebec
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Descoteaux Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Descoteaux Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 June 2014 at 09:10.
on orders of $85 or more