Derksen History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Derksen surname derives from the Germanic personal name
Tederich (Theudoricus), which was composed of the elements "theud," meaning "people," or "race," and "ric," meaning "powerful."
Early Origins of the Derksen family
The surname Derksen was first found in Switzerland
, where the name Dietrich emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. The popularity of the name can be traced back to the major figure of Theodrich the Great, King of the Goths in the 5th century. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Derksen family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Derksen research.Another 256 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1825 and 1855 are included under the topic Early Derksen History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Derksen Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Dieterich (Austria), Dietrich, Dittrich (Silesia), Diterich, Deeterich, Dieterick, Diterichs, Diterig and many more.
Early Notables of the Derksen family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Derksen Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Derksen family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Derksen Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anna Derksen, aged 9, who settled in America from Ochten, Holland, in 1909
- Carolina Derksen, aged 16, who emigrated to America from Ochten, Holland, in 1909
- Cornelis Derksen, aged 46, who landed in America from Ochten, Holland, in 1909
- Dirk Derksen, aged 2, who emigrated to the United States from Ochten, Holland, in 1909
- Arend Jan Derksen, aged 37, who emigrated to the United States from Lochem, Holland, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Derksen Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Johan Derksen, who landed in Manitoba in 1874
- Franz Derksen, who arrived in Manitoba in 1875
Contemporary Notables of the name Derksen (post 1700)
- Robert William Derksen (1960-2004), American professional baseball pitcher, coach, manager and scout
- Ray Derksen Jr., American Democrat politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives, 1958 (Kalamazoo County 2nd District), 1964 (47th District) CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Piet Derksen (1913-1996), Dutch businessman who founded Center Parcs
- Robert-Jan Derksen (b. 1974), Dutch professional golfer
- Johannes "Johan" Gerrit Derksen (b. 1949), Dutch sports journalist and former football player
- Dirk Jan Derksen (b. 1972), Dutch retired former football player
Derksen Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html