Depriest History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Depriest family
The surname Depriest was first found in Auvergne, a historic province in south central France.
Antoine Dupre, born in 1643, son of Mathieu and Catherine, travelled from France to Canada in the 17th century. After he arrived in Quebec he married Marguerite Moutarchy, born in 1652, daughter of François and Claude, on 25th July 1672. They remained together in Quebec until Antoine's death at Château-Richer on 27th November 1686. 
Early History of the Depriest family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Depriest research. Another 28 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1463, 1507, 1511, 1520, 1524, 1576, 1640, 1742, 1748, 1755, 1795, 1811, and 1841 are included under the topic Early Depriest History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Depriest Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dupre, Dupré, Duprat, Dupraz, Dupréel, Dupréelle, Dupréau, Duprès, Duprey, Dupray, Dupres and many more.
Early Notables of the Depriest family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family was Antoine Duprat (1463-1535), a French Cardinal and politician, Chancellor of France; Guillaume Duprat, born in Issoire in 1507, who was Bishop of Clermont; Gabriel Dupréau was a theologian in 1511; Pardoux Duprat who was involved in law, was an academic and a great philosopher around 1520; Claude Duprat was bishop of Mende in 1524; Guillaume Dupré was a sculptor, medal-maker, and stone engraver who lived in Sissone around 1576; Marie Dupré...
Another 76 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Depriest Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Depriest is the 5,313rd most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
Migration of the Depriest family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: 320 individuals of the lineage who arrived from France onto Canadian shores between 1600 and 1900. Among them, Nicolas Dupré married in 1656 in Quebec.
Contemporary Notables of the name Depriest (post 1700) +
- Trey DePriest (b. 1993), American football linebacker
- Oscar Stanton De Priest (1871-1951), American lawmaker and civil rights advocate, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Illinois (1929-1935)
- Margaret DePriest (b. 1931), American five-time Daytime Emmy Award nominated actress and daytime serial writer
- David M. DePriest (b. 1973), American darts player
- Sandra DePriest, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Mississippi, 2004 
- Darryl DePriest, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Illinois, 2008 
Related Stories +
- ^ Olivier, Reginald L. Your Ancient Canadian Family Ties. Logan: The Everton Publishers, Inc., P.O. Box 368, 1972. Print
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html