Depaolo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Depaolo comes from the personal name Paolo, the Italian equivalent of Paul. The popularity of this name was originally due to the fact that during the Christian era, people often named their children after saints and biblical figures.
Early Origins of the Depaolo family
The surname Depaolo was first found in the port city of Genoa. Early records list the physician Gherardo de Paolo, as "one of the 12 wisest men in Genoa in 1315."
Early History of the Depaolo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Depaolo research. Another 24 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1798, 1837, 1419, 1603, 1681, 1642 and 1720 are included under the topic Early Depaolo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Depaolo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Paoli, Paolo, Paola, Pauli, Poli, Polo, De Paoli, De Paolis, Paulich, Paolella, Paolillo, Paulillo, Pavolillo, Paoletti, Pauletti, Pauletto, Poletti, Poletto, Polet, Paolini, Paolin, Paolinelli, Paulini, Paulin, Polini, Pavolini, Paolucci, Paulucci, Polucci, Pauluzzi, Poluzzi, Paolicchi, Paolotti, Polotti, Polotto, Paolozzi, Paoloni, Paolone, Paulon, Poloni, Polon, Paolacci, Polacci, Paulazzi, Polazzi, Paolanti, Polato, Polesso, Paoleiri and many more.
Early Notables of the Depaolo family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Paolo da Firenze (d. 1419), Italian composer, theorist, and monk, a member of the Camaldolese order; Aretino Paolo, a 16th century church musician, composer, and choirmaster of the Arezzo Cathedral; Pietro Paolini (1603-1681), an Italian painter of the Baroque period...
Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Depaolo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Depaolo migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Depaolo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Assenta DePaolo, aged 11, who landed in America, in 1892
- Tomaso DePaolo, aged 43, who landed in America, in 1896
Depaolo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Guiseppe DePaolo, aged 24, who settled in America from Savignano, in 1901
- Sabino DePaolo, aged 25, who immigrated to the United States from Bari, Giovinazzo, Italy, in 1907
- Tommaso DePaolo, aged 23, who immigrated to America from Euisnablo, Bari, in 1909
- Francesco Depaolo, aged 1, who landed in America from Svinachi, Italy, in 1913
- Maria DePaolo, aged 43, who landed in America from Crumo Appoli, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Depaolo (post 1700) +
- Donald J. DePaolo, American professor of geochemistry
- Pete DePaolo (1898-1980), American race car driver
- Joseph A. DePaolo Jr., American politician, First Selectman of Southington, Connecticut, 1947-50 
Related Stories +