on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Deneau was first found in Champagne
, where early members of the lineage first settled. The name can also be traced to the Isle of France.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Naud, Nault, Neault, Naudet, Naudé, Naudin, Naudy, Naudet and many more.
Notable amongst the family during this period was Gabriel Naudé, a famous bibliographer who was considered to be one of the most educated men of his time. Born in Paris in 1600, he became a successful philosopher and developed a passion for medicine. Philippe Naudé, born in Metz in 1654, was...
Another 133 words (10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deneau Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deneau Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- René Deneau who was the owner of the "Seigneurie Port-Daniel" in 1696
Deneau Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Edward Deneau, aged 45, landed in Virginia in 1773
- Edward Deneau, who settled in Virginia in 1773 at the age of 45
- Paul Deneau, American founder the Dayton Aeros hockey club, eponym of the Paul Deneau Trophy
- George Deneau (1879-1926), Canadian minor league baseball player, manager, and promoter
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
The Deneau Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Deneau Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 December 2015 at 13:49.
on orders of $85 or more