on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Deneau family come from? What is the French Deneau family crest and coat of arms? When did the Deneau family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Deneau family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Naud, Nault, Neault, Naudet, Naudé, Naudin, Naudy, Naudet and many more.
First found in Champagne, where early members of the lineage first settled. The name can also be traced to the Isle of France.
Another 351 words (25 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deneau Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deneau Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- René Deneau who was the owner of the "Seigneurie Port-Daniel" in 1696
Deneau Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Edward Deneau, aged 45, landed in Virginia in 1773
- Edward Deneau, who settled in Virginia in 1773 at the age of 45
- Paul Deneau, American founder the Dayton Aeros hockey club, eponym of the Paul Deneau Trophy
- George Deneau (1879-1926), Canadian minor league baseball player, manager, and promoter
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Deneau Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Deneau Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 October 2015 at 09:01.
on orders of $85 or more