on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the French Deneau family come from? What is the French Deneau family crest and coat of arms? When did the Deneau family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Deneau family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Naud, Nault, Neault, Naudet, Naudé, Naudin, Naudy, Naudet and many more.
First found in Champagne, where early members of the lineage first settled. The name can also be traced to the Isle of France.
Another 351 words (25 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deneau Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deneau Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- René Deneau who was the owner of the "Seigneurie Port-Daniel" in 1696
Deneau Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Edward Deneau, aged 45, landed in Virginia in 1773
- Edward Deneau, who settled in Virginia in 1773 at the age of 45
- Paul Deneau, American founder the Dayton Aeros hockey club, eponym of the Paul Deneau Trophy
- George Deneau (1879-1926), Canadian minor league baseball player, manager, and promoter
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Deneau Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Deneau Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 December 2015 at 13:49.
on orders of $85 or more