on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Deneau was first found in Champagne
, where early members of the lineage first settled. The name can also be traced to the Isle of France.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Naud, Nault, Neault, Naudet, Naudé, Naudin, Naudy, Naudet and many more.
Notable amongst the family during this period was Gabriel Naudé, a famous bibliographer who was considered to be one of the most educated men of his time. Born in Paris in 1600, he became a successful philosopher and developed a passion for medicine. Philippe Naudé, born in Metz in 1654, was...
Another 133 words (10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deneau Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deneau Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- René Deneau who was the owner of the "Seigneurie Port-Daniel" in 1696
Deneau Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Edward Deneau, aged 45, landed in Virginia in 1773
- Edward Deneau, who settled in Virginia in 1773 at the age of 45
- Paul Deneau, American founder the Dayton Aeros hockey club, eponym of the Paul Deneau Trophy
- George Deneau (1879-1926), Canadian minor league baseball player, manager, and promoter
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Deneau Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Deneau Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 December 2015 at 13:49.
on orders of $85 or more