Denault History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Denault family
The surname Denault was first found in Champagne, where early members of the lineage first settled. The name can also be traced to the île-de-France.
Pierre Naud, son of Jean and Marie (née Martin) of Saintonge, was a French soldier that settled in Canada in the 17th century. He married Marie-Thérèse Garant, born on 29th July 1672, daughter of Pierre and Renée (née Chamfrin), in 1692. He married again at Saint-Michel, Quebec to Marie-Jeanne Gaboury, daughter of Louis and Nicole (née Soulard), on 20th April 1716. 
Early History of the Denault family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Denault research. More information is included under the topic Early Denault History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Denault Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Naud, Nault, Neault, Naudet, Naudé, Naudin, Naudy, Naudet and many more.
Early Notables of the Denault family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family during this period was Gabriel Naudé, a famous bibliographer who was considered to be one of the most educated men of his time. Born in Paris in 1600, he became a successful philosopher and developed a passion for medicine. Philippe Naudé, born in Metz in 1654, was a mathematician and theologian; Philippe Naudé, son of the former, was also a mathematician in Metz. Denis Nault was a literary hack and a judge in Luzy, a town near Nevers, and in Toulon-sur-Arroux, in the bailiwick of Montcenis, during the...
Another 92 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Denault Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Denault is the 16,196th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Denault migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Denault Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Claude Denault, who arrived in Quebec in 1686 from Ile-de-France
Denault Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Jacques Denault, who arrived in Quebec in 1740 from Normandy
Historic Events for the Denault family +
- Mr. Benjamin Denault (b. 1920), English Stoker 2nd Class serving for the Royal Navy from Newcastle, England, who sailed into battle and died in the sinking 
Related Stories +
- ^ Olivier, Reginald L. Your Ancient Canadian Family Ties. Logan: The Everton Publishers, Inc., P.O. Box 368, 1972. Print
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ H.M.S. Hood Association-Battle Cruiser Hood: Crew Information - H.M.S. Hood Rolls of Honour, Men Lost in the Sinking of H.M.S. Hood, 24th May 1941. (Retrieved 2016, July 15) . Retrieved from http://www.hmshood.com/crew/memorial/roh_24may41.htm