Early Origins of the Delmonte family
The surname Delmonte was first found in Piedmont
(Italian: Piemonte, Piedmontese and Occitan: Piemont), a territorial division of northern Italy at the foot of the Alps consisting of the provinces of Alessandria, Cuneo, Novara and Turin. Later Aosta and Vercelli were added and still later, Asti. History is related back to 49 B.C. The house of Savoy rose in 1000 A.D. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. This illustrious family of northern Italy were represented at many locations including Bologna, Modena, Crama, Verona and as far south as Rome. There were many nobility in this senatorial family and significant branches held many estates. They were also a military family.
Early History of the Delmonte family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Delmonte research.Another 355 words (25 lines of text) covering the years 1488 and 1687 are included under the topic Early Delmonte History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Delmonte Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Dalmonte, Delamonte, Dalemonte, Dalimonte, Delamonte, Delmonte, Delmonte, Demonte, Damonte and many more.
Early Notables of the Delmonte family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Delmonte Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Delmonte family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Delmonte Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Enrique Delmonte, aged 32, who emigrated to the United States, in 1893
- Carmella Delmonte, aged 44, who landed in America, in 1896
- Emile Delmonte, aged 4, who landed in America, in 1896
Delmonte Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Leon Delmonte, aged 40, who landed in America, in 1904
- Joseph Delmonte, aged 23, who emigrated to America from London, in 1907
- Ernesto Delmonte, aged 17, who settled in America from Monti Becaria, Italy, in 1907
- Hyman Delmonte, who emigrated to the United States, in 1909
- Adele Delmonte, aged 18, who landed in America from Boffio, Italy, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Delmonte (post 1700)
- William Del Monte (1907-2016), American centenarian, last known survivor of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake
- Francine DelMonte, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly 138th District, 2001- CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Armand Romeo "Dutch" Delmonte (1927-1981), Canadian professional ice hockey right winger
- Nicolás Delmonte (d. 1989), Argentine footballer