Delcampo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Delcampo, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Delcampo, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate.
Early Origins of the Delcampo family
The surname Delcampo was first found in Castile, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
Important Dates for the Delcampo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Delcampo research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1242, 1508, 1784 and 1789 are included under the topic Early Delcampo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Delcampo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Campos, Campo, de Campos, de Campo, del Campo, Camps, Campillo, del Campillo, Ocampo, de Ocampo, Campa and many more.
Early Notables of the Delcampo family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were Sebastián de Ocampo, a Spanish navigator and explorer who is generally believed to have been the first navigator to have circumnavigated the island of Cuba, in 1508 and is credited with the discovery of the Gulf of Mexico; sixteenth century historian Florián de Ocampo; seventeenth century Spanish botanist and physician Antonio Campillo y Marco; eighteenth century administrator Nicolás del Campo, Marquis of Loreto...
Another 70 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Delcampo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Delcampo migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Delcampo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Hernando DelCampo, who arrived in Veragua in 1835 
- Alonso DelCampo, who landed in Veragua in 1835 
- Jeronimo DelCampo, who landed in New Spain in 1836 
- Juan DelCampo, who arrived in Columbia in 1838 
- Pedro DelCampo, who landed in America in 1838 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Delcampo (post 1700)
- Victor DelCampo (b. 1977), American bodybuilding champion from Wilmington, Delaware
- Conrado del Campo y Zabaleta, Spanish musician
- Cupertino del Campo, Argentine physician and writer
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)