Delarosa History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Delarosa, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Delarosa, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Delarosa family originally lived in a place where wild roses grew. The surname is derived from the Latin word rosa, which means rose. The family name Delarosa is also derived from the given name Rose.
Early Origins of the Delarosa family
The surname Delarosa was first found in Old Castile, in the mountains near Santander.
Early History of the Delarosa family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Delarosa research. Another 78 words (6 lines of text) covering the year 1352 is included under the topic Early Delarosa History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Delarosa Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ros, de Ros, Rosas, de Rosas, Rosa, de la Rosa, Rosal, del Rosal, Rosales, de Rosales, Rosete, Rosano, Rosana, Roso and many more.
Early Notables of the Delarosa family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were seventeenth century Chilean historian Diego de Rosales, a Jesuit priest who defended the rights of the Indians; seventeenth century Spanish playwright Pedro Rosete; nineteenth century Argentinian military officer Leonardo Rosales; nineteenth century Spanish painter Eduardo...
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Delarosa Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Delarosa is the 1,193rd most popular surname with an estimated 24,870 people with that name. 
Delarosa migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Delarosa Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco DeLaRosa, who arrived in New Spain in 1835 
- Nicolas DeLaRosa, who arrived in Texas in 1835 
Contemporary Notables of the name Delarosa (post 1700) +
- Yvonne DeLaRosa, American television and film actress
- Angel DeLaRosa, American Republican politician, Candidate for Texas State Senate 15th District, 2006 
- Amira de la Rosa, Colombian writer, educator and diplomat
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 26) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html