on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Delagarza family come from? What is the Spanish Delagarza family crest and coat of arms? When did the Delagarza family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Delagarza family history?The mountainous borders of Spain contain the origins of the prestigious surname Delagarza. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is "ez." The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Garza, de Garza, de la Garza, Garzo, Garzón and many more.
First found in Galicia, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Delagarza research. Another 614 words(44 lines of text) covering the years 1037, 1139, and 1162 are included under the topic Early Delagarza History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Delagarza Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Delagarza Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Gustavo de la Garza, aged 45, who landed in America from Mexico City, in 1908
- Cleofas de la Garza, aged 40, who landed in America, in 1911
- Emeterio de la Garza, aged 40, who emigrated to the United States from Mexico City, Mexico, in 1913
- Agustin de la Garza, aged 28, who emigrated to America from Havana, Cuba, in 1914
- Adela de la Garza, aged 52, who landed in America from Monterey, Mexico, in 1922
- Alana de la Garza (b. 1976), American actress
- Luis DeLaGarza (b. 1983), American baseball player in the Major Leagues
- Lance Corporal Emilio Albert De La Garza Jr. (1949-1970), American Marine posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor
- Adolph Joseph DeLaGarza (b. 1987), American soccer player
- Juan de la Garza (b. 1961), retired Mexican javelin thrower
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Delagarza Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Delagarza Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 May 2015 at 19:34.
on orders of $85 or more